Sunday, August 19, 2012

Happy day, happy thoughts!

Today is one of those few days I felt truly like my usual happy, crazy self since moving here. Ramazan is over and today is eid so we went to galle face to have fun. I flew kites with the kids and it was sooooo much fun. After that we rested on the beach and had delicious cornetto. There were beautiful breezes and there were birds and colorful kites in the sky. As I sat there on the beach and watched the kids play, and the adults trying to feel comfortable on those blankets while they ate.. I felt thankful for being there.

I do not have the perfect everything. It might seem perfect but no, my life is not perfect. There are tough times and happy days like today. I don't have even half of everything I want.

But I realize that it could have been worse. I dont have everything but the little things I have make me so happy. Like nail polish and pretty hair bows. My family might not be the perfect family, but dad sent me chocolates and they make me happy. My aunts, uncles and cousins are soooo crazy that they make me scream sometimes but they are fun and they love me a lot. And above all, I'm with an amazing person and he makes me the happiest. Sooo... LOTS of things to be thankful for.

Here is a million silent thanks heavenwards.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...